Saturday, February 2, 2013

I am thinking about buying autocad but I want to make sure the plans I get from my contractors are readable?

Q. I am new with autocad so please bare with me. Do you need to have an auto cad file sent to you to view and edit it? Is it possible to open a tif or gif or pdf flie with autocad and make your adjustments and do your take offs? I was also thinking about and autocad lt program as I dont need the who lets build a house thing.
I would appreciate any information you can give. Thank you.

A. We were all newbies at one stage. So there are no dumb questions.

If you are onlly using it to measure then probably LT would be the way to go.

If your components are placed into a drawings as a blocks and you have to count these blocks, to prepare a BOM (bill of materials) you will have to run a Lisp or Vba program that only full blown Autocad would be required to count these blocks. to place a $ value against these components, and these can be exported out to a excel file.

Tiff & gifs can be imported into full blown Autocad but can't be manipulated. With the exception of resizing.

Pdf's can be cracked and imported back into dwg file. but apart from print it off to a full size , and measuring it with a scale ruler.

The only other problems you may encounter if working with dwg files.

The drawing versions.
If you have a autocad 2004 and the drawing was save in 2006 then there will be a problem opening the drawing.
It will open a later version of the drawing but older versions of autocad will not open the newer drawing files.

There is a program available from dwgateway.com that will allow you Convert the drawing to the current version you are using.

The other pet gripe I have is Xref's that go into making up the drawing. They alway forget to send the external reference drawings. That went into making that drawing up..

I hope this has been some help

Does anyone have a Harley Davidson logo for Autocad?
Q. I use auto cad 2007 and solid-works 2008. I am trying to save time from drawing it myself. Any help would be appreciated. it is ok if the image is slightly modified for copyright reasons.

A. I did some searching to see if I could find either a .dwg or .dxf but any of the sites that look even half way promissing are blocked by our IT group here at work... so no luck there for you...

I did just a Harley Davidson Logo search on yahoo and came up with some pretty clean .bmp images that could be pasted into AutoCAD, then using polylines, could be recreated in fairly short order... then if you use pedit command, you could change the thickness of the polylines as appropriate, and likewise convert the curved ones to splines for a smooth curves...

here are the clean logos: http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-mdp&p=harley%20davidson%20logo

sorry, I thought there would be free .dxf downloads availabe fairly plentiful... but no luck in the quick search I did...

Is there any way we can set a window for CAD design dwgs for every dwg in AutoCadLite2002?
Q. I work as Cad Deisgner and i dont know how to set same windows for all dwgs, so they all look equally when i print them.

A. usually the coordinate should be 0,0....so try to locate the template of you title block to this coordinate....and also you can use the exreference command to set a unique standard title block on a file, and when ever you need it, you need to copy and paste it on the new file you starting on...and make the necessary changes to it, so it can apply to the right job description...in our case, since the company has already set all this, we just exreference the title block to the following drwgs....floorplan, elevations, roof plan...and so on....write back at israelmoya20@yahoo.com...for more information...I am a drafter for an Architectural company for San Antonio Texas, but we are in Laredo, Texas....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment