Sunday, February 10, 2013

why cant i import dwg files into sketchup?

Q. i am trying to import an AutoCAD drawing into sketchup but it doesn't give me an option to import dwg files.

A. Then dwg is not supported in sketchup, you can try saving as a different file type from autocad. I think wings3D supports dwg (not sure)

Where can I get solid models (dwg) for things like batteries and LED lights?
Q. I can only find files that aren't compatible with autodesk. They need to be in dwg because this is the only file type I can open with basic autocad.

A. www.turbosquid.com

Models of just about everything you could ever want.
You can filter search results by file type or application type.
They aren't all free, but some are.

You should be able to import a 3ds model into Autocad.. Unless you're using AutoCAD LT.
If you are using LT you won't be able to open, use, or make any kind of 3D model no matter the format. LT doesn't have 3D capabilities..

Please how do i import a dwg or dxf file into Dialux?
Q. I have tried the import wizard that comes with the program but after going through all the steps and i click finish nothing appears on the screen ...what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for the help..

A. I have the same problem.
I have been able to export to DXF.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment