Monday, February 4, 2013

What is a good kitchen & bath design magazine subscription?

Q. I am a custom kitchen & bath designer and I was looking for a magazine subscription that would have a lot of good pictures & ideas.

A. house and home or a warehouse magazine but house and home is the best

How can I decorate the house and not pay a fortune?
Q. I just moved into a new house with my husband. We didn't have much in our apartment, and now we need to decorate the house. I like the city feel. You know, reds and blacks. Maybe even some animal print. And also soothing, beiges, and blacks, and reds together (probably doing something like that in our room). What is a store that I can go to and get nice things at a reasonable price, or even order offline? Thanks!
I like the dark reds

A. I subscribe to a couple of high end design magazines, and get inspiration from those. You can find a designer look and then seek out pieces to copy it. Elle Décor is my favorite. I also get catalogs from companies that sell items that match my taste and save those for inspiration too. Some favorites are Williams Sonoma Home, Crate & Barrel, CB2, and Design Within Reach. You can find their websites via Google.

For furniture, Ashley Homestores have great prices. Itâs not stuff that will last forever, but itâs great if youâre someone who changes their look every 5 years or so. Thrift stores are great too. Remember that nearly anything can be painted or recovered. You should shop for shape rather than color.

A really affordable way to get big piece of art is to staple cool fabric to a frame. You can get the frames from art supply stores, or you can find companies that sell kits for this. I am in love with Marimekko fabric, and found this website. http://store.txtlart.com/walhankit1.html What kills me is that Crate & Barrel actually sells some of these very same fabrics pre-hung for a lot more than you can buy the kit and DIY. They will even send you free samples of the fabric so that you can make sure the colors work for you.

We had the same problem when we bought our house a year ago. I still donât consider our house even close to done. Donât feel like you have to get it all together at once. Take your time and find the right pieces.

What is the best home magazine available in UK?
Q. I am moving to a new house.i need some design pictures of bedrooms,kitchen and bathrooms.

A. http://mariesmanorbedrooms.com/decorators-shoppers-UK-style.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment