Saturday, February 16, 2013

How do I upgrade my HP software for my internet connection without paying for it?

Q. I moved into my new house and tried to create a new wireless network, but couldn't do it. I called my Internet Provider, they couldn't help, I called the manufacturer of the wireless router and they couldn't help. I called HP and they said I had to upgrade my software for $50 and they could take care of it. How do I upgrade without paying the $50?

A. On my HP running Windows XP (its about 3 years old) there is a link in All Programs - HP - HP update.This is in the UK but I would have thought it would be on any HP machine anywhere.

what software can I use on a mac to create house music tracks?
Q. I want to create my own house, Dirty house and tech house tracks on my mac. What programs are available? I want to be creating my own stuff rather than ripping other peoples music off.

A. Garageband is crap , Albeton live is the industry standard everybody uses it. I have 5 tracks I produced on Beatport under another alias since my buddy is the Dj and he needs all the hype he can get. I'm a tech house/progressive house type of guy so i know what you need.

http://www.ableton.com/live you need to buy it , its a bit pricey but its worth every cent. The illegal download does not work they implemented extra security in the programs code so there is no full working illegal version.

What software program can design an outdoors environment or landscape?
Q. I need a program where i can create hills, houses, roads in 3D. Kind of like the Sims game. It dosnt need to be anything sophisticated. My plan is to create an environment, build a water system on top of a hill and show how it is distributed to a nearby village.

Do you guys know of any program that can help me create something like this??

A. I've used Bryce 5.5 a while ago, it's probably the best free and easy to use application for creating realistic landscapes.
http://download.cnet.com/Bryce/3000-6677_4-10974201.html?tag=mncol
Tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZktE-lTwaE0&feature=related

More simple looking but with more features
(for building the water distibutionsystem) you should try Google Sketchup.
It's free and it has almost no learning curve so you can build what you want right away.

Prebuild models are shared for free in the 3d-warehouse, there are thousands of models from almost anything thinkable (piping, dams, watertowers, terrain, houses, roads etc.).

Export function for Google Earth, place your models or complete system in a real existing environment.

Sketchup is also capable of making basic animations.

Sketchup download, tutorials and community:
http://sketchup.google.com/index.html
3d-warehouse:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment