Friday, December 7, 2012

What CAD program do I need to design a car, and the workings of it?

Q. I have been sketching cars that I would like to build, I have the knowledge on how to build cars. I am looking for a program that I can design every aspect of the car from the body to the suspension, and then have the software show the suspension in motion, and allow me to engineer the car until everything is perfect. It would nice if the program could allow me to do aerodynamic testing also, and have it tell me the dimensions of everything so I could duplicate it in real life.

A. Well, an AutoCad machine can do some of that...but you're talking about some serious engineering equipment...seriously, the software alone can run you up to 10 grand...

And that's not including the specialized equipment you'd need.

And the training (this isn't point and click stuff...people who know how to use CAD software make very good money doing so).

Oh and getting it to do aero-tests...well, you're going to find yourself in search of an investor or two at that point.

Don't mean to rain on your parade...one of my very good friends teaches CAD...after doing it for a living for quite a while. He's made a good living for himself with that stuff, but he's never found anyone other than a corporation who could afford to implement it....

I own a 2006 cad sts and everytime i get gas and go to start my car again it wont start?
Q.

A. If you top up the fuel tank gas gets into the evap system, the carbon canister that is there to store fumes gets saturated with raw gas and the line going to the purge valve sucks the gas into the intake manifold flooding the motor. You need a carbon canister with the vent valve and I would also replace the purge valve.
Don't fill the fuel tank all the way!

whats the best CAD program and the easiest to design cars?
Q. im an architecture student ,so im familiar with autocad ,archicad,3d max,sketch up ,whats the best program to use to design cars?

A. 3D models or 2D concepts? Real cars or toys? Body styling or mechanical drivetrain? Different CAD suits different things, and if I told you that CATIA was the system used by almost all auto manufacturers, it probably wouldn't help much.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment