Monday, May 13, 2013

How do you make Google SketchUp files viewable for people without SketchUp?

Q. I want to email a viewable 3D file (sketchup) to someone who is unwilling to download google sketchup. Is there an applet of some sort that I could use to post it? Or a file format that could read a 3D file?
I've taken screen shots, but I want to be able to send it as a viewable 3D file.

A. the only thing you can do is take a screenshot or you could try to save the file as a .jpg

Can I import ProDesktop Models into Google Sketchup?
Q. I prefer ProDesktop but the course will only accept Sketchup files, So wondering if i could import a model from prodesktop then save it as a sketchup file.

A. You may need to export the model as a .OBJ file (Wavefront Object) before importing it into any other 3D package. Most software supports .OBJ files in my experience.

How can I edit and manipulate google sketchup files?
Q. I want to use google sketchup to make a model of my neighborhood as detailed as I can. I want to even put the addresses of buildings and street signs, but I would like to do it using programming like python or c++. I like creating models in my spare time, but as my models are growing larger, I see more value in having certain things automatically placed so I can make sure they are uniform. Has anyone tried this before?

A. you should try photosculpt or www.photo-to-3d.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment